Recipe adapted from BEARD & BONNET
- 1 package GF rice noodles
- 8 cups sodium free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Tamari GF soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp grated or minced ginger
- 4 1/2 cups assorted veg, I used shredded carrot, cabbage, sugar snap peas, crimini mushrooms, thin strips of red pepper, broccoli flouretts, bean sprouts and baby bok choi
- 1/2 cup left over water from cooking the noodles
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- hard boiled egg
- sriracha hot sauce
In a med sized pot add the veg broth, soy sauce and ginger. Stir. Over med/high heat let the flavours come together. In a separate pot cook the noodles according to package ( do not over cook ). While the pasta is cooking add the veg to the broth, allow to cook for about 2 min. Once the pasta is finished cooking reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy water then drain the noodles and rinse with cold water. Set aside. Add the starchy water to the veg and broth let cook for another min then remove from heat.
To serve. Divide the noodles into bowls. Drizzle with a little sesame oil now ladle on the broth and veg. Top with a sliced hardboiled egg some sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Enjoy!!