These corny valentines were so much fun to make, not to mention super easy! If you are making them with toddlers you will have to do the glueing but if you have children ages 5 and up they should be able to do the whole thing with just a little help and guidance. Whatever age your child is just make sure to encourage them to get creative. Let their imagination lead the way. Be silly, and most of all have fun!
You will need:
- Dried cobs of corn. You can do this yourself, buy it or if you happen to be at a farm….grab some while you are there (that’s how we got ours)
- Acrylic paints, as many colours as you like
- Paint brush
- Glue gun
- Googly eyes, any size
- Heart sequins for the lips, or you can cut a heart shape out of red or pink felt, construction paper, fun foam etc. You choose!
- Colourful tape, string, fabric or construction paper to wrap around head
- White craft glue
- Glitter for the tip of the feathers
- Paper tag for CORNy valentine message
- Marker to write the message. I used a white paint marker
- Colourful yarn to attach message to the corn
Some fun extras:
- Pom Poms
- Lots of colourful glitters and sequins
- Yarn for hair
- Pipe cleaners for arms
Happy Crafting!! xo
*Oh and don’t forget to head over to the petitscoquins blog for this weeks Poppy post where you can see her making some CORNy valentines!