These are super good and as far as muffins go, super healthy. No oil, no butter and..no refined sugar!
Mix the dry ingredients.
Mix the wet ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
Add the dates and walnuts. Mix.
Bake at 400 for 30 min. 12 large muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1/8tsp cloves
- 1 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 3/4 cup pumpkin ( I used canned )
- 1 banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, oats and sugar. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl stir together the egg, milk, apple sauce, pumpkin, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture until well combined.
- Mix in the dates and walnuts.
- With a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter out into well greased 12 muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 for 30 min ( if you want smaller muffins this will make about 18, bake for 16-20 min )
- Test with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven after a min transfer to a cooling rack.
Comments and positivity are always welcomed, however I am currently not accepting complaints or criticisms.