Recipe adapted from Donna hay
- 1 small whole grain baguette, sliced and grilled
- 4-6 cups arugula or mixed greens of choice
- 2 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- blue cheese – As much or as little as you like
Honey Balsamic dressing:
- 1/4 cup of your favourite balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all of the above in a small bowl and whisk together. You should have extra dressing…I recommend pouring it onto a few small plates, and letting your guests dunk their bread!
Slice the baguette and spread with a thin coat of olive oil. Grill until just crispy. Place a few slices of baguette on each plate and then arrange the arugula, blue cheese, fennel and pears. Drizzle with a generous amount of honey balsamic dressing. Serve and enjoy!
*Note – Try topping with some toasted walnuts!