Yet another smoked salmon recipe. I told you I loved it, didn’t I? This was so easy. It was a beautiful day and I really wanted to BBQ but on this very rare ocasion I did not feel like burgers (gasp). My cravings for smoked salmon were taking over and we hadn’t had pizza in far too long (my stupid kidney stone diet frowns upon any delivery type food). So I decided to make my own semi kidney stone friendly pizza. I also didn’t feel like a lot of fussing in the kitchen as it was such a beautiful day, so I went with the store bought dough. You could of course step this up a notch with home made but I promise it was absolutly delicious exactly as I made it it..lazy and all.
- 1 bag pizza dough.
- 1 ball of mozzarellissima cheese, cut in rounds and place all over pizza.
- Goat cheese, sprinkle as much as you like.
- Shredded cheese, whatever you like. I used a bit of mozzarella and some parmesan.
- Tomato, sliced and layered on top of pizza again use as much as you like. I used three plum tomatoes.
- Red onion, slice into strips and sprinkle on pizza.
- Smoked salmon, tear or cut into pieces…big or small it’s up to you.
- Olive oil, for brushing dough and pan
- Flour, for dusting surface and rolling out dough
FOR THE PIZZA
Heat BBQ to med-high. Brush pizza pan with oil. Roll dough on lightly floured surface then place on pan. Once the dough is on the pan you will want to perfect the shape of the pizza. Brush dough with oil. Add toppings. Bake for 8-12 min. Remove from grill and top with lemony greens.
*note: You can add the salmon before baking pizza or if you don’t want it to cook through you can add it a min or so before it has finished baking then place back on BBQ to finish it off.
FOR THE GREENS
Toss your choice of greens with the juice of 1 lemon and a bit of olive oil. I used baby mixed greens.