- serves: 4
- 2tbsp Earth Balance butter, room temperature ( you can use regular butter if you prefer )
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce- feel free to use as much or as little as you like.
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 bunch asparagus – I used one bunch but wish I had used two.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 med vine tomatoes, diced
- 4 eggs
- more Tabasco sauce to taste
First make the Tabasco butter. Whip the butter until it is light and creamy. Add the Tabasco sauce, lemon juice and salt, whip some more. If you want a bit more kick add more hot sauce.
To cook the asparagus, first snap the bottoms off of the spears. Brush with a little oil ( canola or olive ) and fry for a few minutes turning regularly until it begins to soften and brown a bit, I used a Skillet. Once the asparagus has cooked remove from skillet or pan. Set aside.
In the same pan quickly fry up the white kidney beans in a little oil, salt and pepper until slightly browned. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Cook quinoa according to package. Once quinoa has cooked, mix with Tabasco, lemon butter. Serve with asparagus on the side or chopped up and mixed with the quinoa. Add some kidney beans and freshly chopped tomato. Top it off with a poached egg and a little more Tabasco. Enjoy!
This also tastes great with a little lemon zest sprinkled on top or some freshly shaved parmesan.
*Recipe adapted from http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/tabasco-asparagus-quinoa-recipe.html