I’m so excited about this soup! Not just because it’s delicious but because it marks the beginning of fall cooking in my home. Hello yummy homemade soups and stews and chili and pot pies and and and…..oh how I love cold weather cooking!!!
- 1 large cooking onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cobs of corn, corn removed from cob
- 2 large red potato, chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, minced or grated
- 1 litre of low sodium veg broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- safflower oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- pickled jalapeño for topping
- avocado for topping
In a large pot over med-high heat, add the safflower oil. Let it heat for a minute then add the onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender and beginning to brown. Add the garlic, corn and potato. Cook stirring frequently for about 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the ginger, jalapeño and lemongrass. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the coconut milk and cilantro. Bring back to a boil then remove from heat. Using an immersion blender give the chowder a few good pulses. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with pickled jalapeño and some diced avocado. Enjoy!
*Want to mix it up a bit? Try adding any of the following to your chowder-
- shredded chicken
- diced tomato, for topping
- swap out the potato for cauliflower
- sriracha instead of the pickled jalapeño
Comments and positivity are always welcomed, however I am currently not accepting complaints or criticisms.